A-Spec Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intercooler Type

4 posters

Go down

Intercooler Type Empty Intercooler Type

Post by JraceS14 Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:28 pm

What really is better for an intercooler is air/air standard pretty much the thing to go with or is air/water better in some situations?
JraceS14
JraceS14
Forum Newcommer
Forum Newcommer

Back to top Go down

Intercooler Type Empty Re: Intercooler Type

Post by Tsukuyomi Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:53 pm

hmmm... times like this i can't wait till more tech savy peeps finally start coming because they could probably explain these things better than I could, but basically:

Air/Air is your standard in regards to most of your common popular cars and setups that is usually best, to the best of my understanding, and I'm no over mechanical kinda person when it comes to cars air/water or air/liquid turns heat into a fluid/water ( someone correct me if I'm not explaining this correctly )

and then its pushes out the heat sort of like a radiator. Usually u need this when you have a compact area of some sort, air to liquid is a little heavier too because of the extra tubes/plumbing and liquid you need to run it.

Its not something I would look into for say a Nissan motor that has sufficient radiator functionality. Again I've NEVER thought about it or used one I'm just sort of going off of a bunch of jumbled knowledge.

But all in all its basically an intercooler which functions similar to radiator.
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi
Forum Newcommer
Forum Newcommer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukuyomi Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:55 pm

JraceS14 wrote:What really is better for an intercooler is air/air standard pretty much the thing to go with or is air/water better in some situations?

And no, I dont think air/water would be better to air/air in regards to an SR20 or any common nissan engine/setup
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi
Forum Newcommer
Forum Newcommer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuned26 Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

I don't think its something many people even give a lot of thought too, I guess this would depend on the type of car you have, because I sure as hell never considered anything but air/air
Tuned26
Tuned26
Forum Newcommer
Forum Newcommer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukuyomi Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:45 am

Tuned26 wrote:I don't think its something many people even give a lot of thought too, I guess this would depend on the type of car you have, because I sure as hell never considered anything but air/air

because usually you don't need one in your common/popular cars, I'm not sure what type of cars would actually need an Air/Liquid, but they do exist alot more than you probably think
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi
Forum Newcommer
Forum Newcommer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuned26 Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Yea but what type of cars lol
Tuned26
Tuned26
Forum Newcommer
Forum Newcommer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ton Ton Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Prob old compact cars I would guess, they have alot of space constraints, prob some domestics too, I would guess mostly domestics that are drag cars for all of the short runs.

i would say mostly drag cars period would benefit from air/liquid most. nothing street driven or road raced regularly
Ton Ton
Ton Ton
Forum Newcommer
Forum Newcommer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum